RE: Spaces Problem

[mailto:mcorbeil@NetRevolution.com]
>Sent: 25 October 2000 19:10
>
>There's usually, for Unices, a utility program named dos2unix which can
>be used to convert dos text files to Unix format, and it works for
>Linux, too.

 ...Which if you don't have it, can be replaced by the following command:

 tr '^M' '' <[infile] >[outfile]

or for a slightly flashy version that safely overwrites the original file

 tr '^M' '' <[infile] >/tmp/tmp.txt && mv /tmp/tmp.txt [infile]

You may want to put these into shell scripts or aliases.

    DaveK
--
SEAL Team 6 World Trade Center Serbian Cocaine [Hello to all my fans
in domestic surveillance] cracking KGB nuclear arrangements CIA