Re Re: Compiling The Damn Thing

In a message dated 10/10/00 11:51:52 AM, franks@rivo.wag-ur.nl writes:

>first find a platform with gcc installed that can produce a
>cross-compiler

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a cross-compiler? I've got a
compiler which can compile the GCC source code, I just don't know exactly
what to do. -I've got MPW (which should be capable of running the Makefiles
-though I don't really know how to use MPW) and I have MetroWerks CodeWarrior
(which I am familiar with) which should be able to compile the necessary
componenents. -I would appreciate any in-depth help on the subject. Thank you.