Compiling The Damn Thing

My Lord! What in the world am I suppose to do with this muddle of nonsense,
this pile of festering sacks of hair that I've downloaded? Now, I've been
spoiled by using an IDE (basically, a friendly UI) for a compiler, but my
God! how am I suppose to derive the GCC compiler out of what I've been
presented with: a myriad files with strange and foreign names. How do I
compile the necessary files for the Macintosh platform? If anybody can give
me step-by-step instructions, it would be much appreciated.
                                                                        -Mike

E-Mail: IIIDCG@aol.com