FORTRAN 90

Dear people;

Does anyone know if gcc can be persuaded successfully to compile FORTRAN 90?

The documentation on the website suggests this is really on the TODO list for the compiler, but there is some kind of F90 option which makes the program recognize FORTRAN 90 like code....

Does anyone know how good it is?

Also in the documentation you get with it (I am using Red Hat Linux on a new PC version 6.2) where does it actually tell you how to run the compiler especially with fairly sophisticated makefiles with biggish main and sub programs????

Most of the stuff I can find in the directories I installed e.g. gcc FAQ doesn't even tell you the simplest ways to use the compiler, it doesn't simply list the names of the different executables in usr/local/bin and tell you what they do...

I don't care if it is being developed  in a bazaar or cathedral format etc., I just want to know how to use it to compile a complicated algorithm with hundreds of subroutines doing a molecular dynamics calculation.

Please help,

Michael Fothergill