This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Getting an error message from gcc libstdc++.a on Solaris 2.5.1 .
- To: "'gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Getting an error message from gcc libstdc++.a on Solaris 2.5.1 .
- From: "Penias, Nissim" <Nissim dot Penias at ca dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 07:58:09 +0100
I need some help to correctly compile gcc on solaris 2.5.1 sparc .
I read all the installation notes that came with the product and what i did is built the native
gcc compiler on a solaris sparc2.5.1 machine .
I must mension the way that i built in order for you to know :
1) I opened the tar/gz file .
2) I created a different directory out of the _srcdir_ where i opened the package of the gcc and called it _objdir_
as you say under the configuration notes .
3) i ren from the _objdir_ ../gcc../configure to difault install in /usr/local .
4) After it finished with no errors ( status 0 ) i ren 'make bootstrap' to build the product .
5) After the make finished i ren 'make install' to finish the installation in /usr/local .
I must say that the make that i am using is the gnu make version 3-78.1 and not the system make .
The problem occurs after i am trying to compile using these two commands :
g++ -c test_lib.cpp -fPIC
g++ -o xxx.so test_lib.o -shared
The error message that i get is :
<unknown> 0x1668 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/2.95.2/libstdc++.a(iovfscanf.o)
ld: fatal :relocation remain against allocatable but non writable section collect2: ld returned 1 exit status .
ld: fatal:relocation 1 exit status
I also downloaded the compiled version of gcc.2.95.1 from sunfreeware.com and i have the problem ( meens that i get the same error messages ! ) .
I will be happay if you will be able to solve my problem or help me solving it .
Nissim Penias .
Unix System Administrator .
Development Computing Services .
Computer Associates International .
Office Number : 972-3-7658308 .
Cellular Phone : 972-53-994549 .
mailto : email@example.com .