This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: gcc_debian_linux_code_on_freebsd
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:39:01 -0600
- cc: Hans Weber <weber at mt dot luth dot se>, gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> On May 23, 2000, Hans Weber <email@example.com> wrote:
> > I have a rather odd problem with gcc. (version 2.95.1)
> > My question is How can I get faster code from freebsd gcc compiler?
> 1) upgrade both to GCC 2.95.2 and try again
> 2) see if they're configured to optimize for the same CPU variant
> (e.g., i586 or i686)
He could also be getting different stack alignments which could have a
significant impact on the speed of the code if he's doing floating point.