compile time error in gnat-ada95

Dear sir,

I have started to learn Ada95 language. I have the GNAT Ada95 complier version
3.11 p. I have the executable self installing file for Windows 95/NT. I
installed it in D: partition of the hard disk because there was less space in
c: drive. The autoexec.bat file has the path updated to include d:\gnat\bin.
The compiler was installed without any error messages and problems.

PROBLEM:

	The ADAGIDE.exe file though functioning is not compliling even 	the simplest
hello world example.

INPUT FILE:
	-- Print a simple message to demonstrate a trivial Ada program.
	with Ada.Text_IO;
	use Ada.Text_IO;  -- use clause - automatically search Ada.Text_IO.
	procedure Hello2 is
	begin
	Put_Line("Hello, world!"); -- Note: No longer has Ada.Text_IO" in front.
	end Hello2;

COMPILE RESULT:
	Compiling ...
	\cca 929941.s No such file or directory
	gnat1.exe:
	Completed.

	***
MY OBSERVATION: each attempt to compile the program gives the same result
except that the numbers in \cca #####.s are always different, though always 5
digits long.

BUILD RESULT:
	GNATMAKE 3.11p (981118) copyright 1995-1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
	"hello2.ali" being checked...
	->"hello2.ali" missing
	gcc -c -Id:\gnat\lovelace\ -gnatwu -gnatx2 -gnato -g -I-
d:\gnat\lovelace\hello2.adb
	\cca 70541.s: No such file or directory
	gnat1.exe: gnatmake: "d:\gnat\lovelace\hello2.adb" compilation error
	Completed

***	MY CONCLUSION: I thought that the compiler was not able to find the RTL.
So to check this I removed the Ada.Text_IO references from the hello2.adb
file. But this yielded the same errors on compliation. So I copied the file to
d:\gnat\examples and compiled again but got the same results. Then I tried
manual compilation after reading the Gnat User's Guide. The reults of manual
compilation are as under :

step 1: gcc -c hello2.adb

	result : gnat1.exe \cca73149.s No such file or directory

step 2: gnat1 hello2.adb

	result : the compiler makes "hello2.ali" and "hello2.s" files.

step 3: gcc -c hello2.adb

	result : gnat1.exe \cca73149.s No such file or directory

step 4: gcc -c hello2.s

	result : "hello2.o" file is produced.

step 5: gnatbind hello2.ali

	result : no file generated and no error messages generated.

step 6:	gnatlink hello2.ali

	result: cpp.exe: Usage: d:\GNAT\lib\gcc-lib\pentium-mingw32msv\2.8.1\cpp.exe
[switches] input output

I do not have any knowledge of the switches to be used with cpp.exe. I am new
to GNAT compiler and the gcc compiler. I have tried to read the documentation
but could not find info to resolve this problem. Kindly help me out and give
suggestions to produce the exe files.

Also I believe something is wrong with either my environment or the adagide
file since it is not compiling the input files.

Kindly advice. The autoexec.bat file of my system is given below

____________

@C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\bootup.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\QUICKH~1\QHSTRUP.EXE
@echo off
prompt $p$g
path=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;c:\dos;c:\winrar;d:\unzip;d:\lha;C:\PROGRA~
1\GRISOFT\AVG6
set path=C:\jdk1.2.1\bin;%path%
set TMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
rem - By Windows Setup - C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD001 /V /M:8
doskey
SET PATH=D:\GNAT\BIN;C:\PROGRA~1\MTS;%PATH%

___________

System configuration is:

pentium-II 233 Mhz
128 mb ram
windows-95

Thinking that there might be some problem with the gnat-3.11p version while
downloading, i downloaded the newer gnat-3.12p also.
However, the same problem continues.

kindly advice. i am desperate to try out ada programming.

thank you for your time

Harvinder Singh Gill