This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
gcc-2.95.2 Linux-> AIX Cross Compiler
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: gcc-2.95.2 Linux-> AIX Cross Compiler
- From: Scott Dudley <scott at telesoft dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 07:56:02 -0700
- Organization: Telesoft Corp.
I'm attempting to build a gcc-2.95.2 cross-compiler.
I downloaded and built binutils-2.9.1 first. To do so, I ran the
I then built gcc-2.95.2 as follows:
../gcc-2.95.2/configure --enable-languages=c --enable-haifa
Everything compiled, linked, and installed in
I copied over all headers and minimum required libraries from an AIX box
(first step). When I try to compile, I discovered that the binutils
don't recognize the .a file format of the AIX libraries.
These are the exact same steps that I used a week ago to successfully
create a SPARC/Solaris cross-compiler and it works great! What am I
Microsoft gives you Windows but Unix gives you the whole house!