Porting GCC/G++

I am working on a project to create an operating system. We would like to have
GCC/G++ on it from the start and use it to do development. However, I can't
find any documentation on what I need to support the compiler. All the Porting
docs I come across are related to porting between processor architectures.
Could someone please point me to some good material?  Thanks

Benjamen R. Meyer                            Witness
bm_witness@yahoo.com                    bmeyer67@calvin.edu
At Calvin College:
        Witness' Web: http://10.1.2.157   HomeWeb: http://10.1.2.157:85
        Downloads: http://10.1.2.157:81   Publications: http://10.1.2.157:83
The OS Project: Remaking Windows    Do you want to help?
On the Internet: http://members.xoom.com/MaximumOS/