Re: compiling a gcc2.9.5

On Wed, 10 May 2000, juan uribe wrote:

> today after doing
>
> make bootstrap-lean
>

> I recieved the following errors.
> Assembler messages:
> Error: Can't open /tmp/ccxgyxWd.s for reading
> make[2] ***[stor-layout.o] Error 1
> make[2]Leaving directory '/foo'
> make[1]***[bootstrap-lean] Error 2
>
> please  keep in mind I compiled as root
> I checked my /tmp dir and did not find ccxgyxWd.s where should I get it?
> can I   proceed with install?

This is usually a symptom of insufficient space.

Use df(1) to check how much space you have. I seem to recall that about
  250M of space is needed to bootstrap the full 2.95.2 distribution.
  'make bootstrap-lean' will reduce this substantially (I do not recall
  by how much), as will using --enable-languages to specify only the
  langauges you will need.

[snip]