This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C Macro information and -g3
- To: aldomel at ix dot netcom dot com
- Subject: Re: C Macro information and -g3
- From: "Martin v. Loewis" <martin at loewis dot home dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:04:12 +0200
- CC: help-gcc at gnu dot org
- References: <200005092241.SAA18506@maynard.mail.mindspring.net>
> I have gcc 2.8.1 and would like to know if the new version
> supports -g3. See below, thanks.
It does, as indicated in the documentation.
> Level 3 includes extra information, such as all the macro
> definitions present in the program. Some debuggers support macro
> expansion when you use `-g3'.
Not all debugging formats support this extra information. In
particular, gdb debugging (i.e. stabs) does not support that. You
could try to use -gdwarf, which does support macro recording.