This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: compiling a gcc2.9.5
- To: juan uribe <ja_uribe at hotmail dot com>
- Subject: Re: compiling a gcc2.9.5
- From: <llewelly at dbritsch dot dsl dot xmission dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 23:07:24 -0600 (MDT)
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Tue, 9 May 2000, juan uribe wrote:
> I am going to compile from source 2.91.66 are there any issues I should look
> for ?
I would suggest you use 2.95.2 instead, unless you need to link your code
with c++ libs built with 2.91.66 .
> I will using it on a compaq presario with the following specs...amd k6-2
> 3Dnow 400mhz processor running redhat linux 6.1 kernel version 2.2.12-20.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/install .
I do not know of any caveats with this platform; I have been using gcc
2.95.2 on redhat 6.1 x86-linux for months.
If you plan to do c++ development with 2.95.2, you will recompile the c++
libs you develop with.