Re: Installing gcc/g++: where did I go wrong?

>From your description, it would seem to me that compilation didn't
>finish successfully, and it ended up installing just what it had
>built.

Alexandre, I think you're right.  This procedure seemed to do the trick:

1) Build gcc using SunOS' native cc.  This builds gcc, but nothing else.

2) RE-build gcc using the gcc built in step 1.  This builds gcc, g++, everything else, and the appropriate libraries.

I don't know why the first step failed to build the full package, but at least I now seem to have a fully working package!  Thanks again for the help.

Before you buy.