This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installing gcc/g++: where did I go wrong?
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: Installing gcc/g++: where did I go wrong?
- From: "George Adams" <learningapache at my-Deja dot com>
- Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 10:36:32 -0700
- Organization: My Deja Email (http://www.my-deja.com:80)
- Reply-To: learningapache at my-Deja dot com
>From your description, it would seem to me that compilation didn't
>finish successfully, and it ended up installing just what it had
Alexandre, I think you're right. This procedure seemed to do the trick:
1) Build gcc using SunOS' native cc. This builds gcc, but nothing else.
2) RE-build gcc using the gcc built in step 1. This builds gcc, g++, everything else, and the appropriate libraries.
I don't know why the first step failed to build the full package, but at least I now seem to have a fully working package! Thanks again for the help.
--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
Before you buy.