Re: Installing gcc/g++: where did I go wrong?

On May  9, 2000, "George Adams" <learningapache@my-Deja.com> wrote:

> After many hours, the compilation and installation finished.

From your description, it would seem to me that compilation didn't
finish successfully, and it ended up installing just what it had
built.  Try `make bootstrap3' to make sure.  If this fails,
complaining that stage2/xgcc doesn't exist, try `make bootstrap2' or
just `make bootstrap' again.

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaranį, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com