profiling question

Hello
I'm building a gcc cross-comiler for an processor.
What i wanted was to add some code for profiling.
I have written the two macros related to basic block profiling :

#define BLOCK_PROFILER(FILE, BLOCKNO)

#define FUNCTION_BLOCK_PROFILER(FILE, BLOCK_OR_LABEL)

but when i try compiling a program using -ax option gcc is saying :

cc1: warning: '-ax' option (jump profiling) not supported

What should i do for enabling -ax option. Should i write something else too into gcc ?

Thanks in advance, Adrian.