This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: help on installation of gcc
- To: Rakesh Nair <rakeshn at kpit dot com>
- Subject: Re: help on installation of gcc
- From: llewelly at dbritsch dot dsl dot xmission dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 05:15:20 -0600 (MDT)
- Cc: "'help-gcc at gnu dot org'" <help-gcc at gnu dot org>
On Tue, 9 May 2000, Rakesh Nair wrote:
> While installing gcc on SunOS I encountered the following problem.
> For building the package a command 'make bootstrap' was specified in
> the documentation.But the file bootstrap is not present in the basic
> directory ie gcc-2.95.2..
> How to get the bootstrap file?
You do not need a file called 'bootstrap'.
'bootstrap' is a parameter that tells make what to do; that is, it tells
make to bootstrap the compiler.