Re: help on vi

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Rakesh Nair wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have installed vi on my terminal
>
> My terminal type is ansi.
>
> But for moving my cursor I still have to use h ,,j ,k ,l  keys instead of my arrow keys.
>
> But I have noticed on certain other unix systems that arrow  keys are used for this purpose. Which file should I modify & how should I do it?
>
> Any immediate help will be highly appreciated...

This list is for help with gcc. This question is unrelated to gcc. It
  should have been sent to a vi help forum, like vim@vim.org, or the
  newsgroup comp.editors.

(Many people on this list use emacs, kdevelop, ed, cat, or some other
  editor, and (like me) cannot answer vi questions.)

I believe Pascal Bleser answered your question.

[snip]