Re: libstdc++ included?.

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Ivan Martinez wrote:

> llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 6 May 2000, Ivan Martinez wrote:
> >
> > >       Hello all,
> >
> > > How should I install this C++ distribution?.
> >
> > See http://gcc.gnu.org/install/index.html
> >
> 	I had a look at it and I saw that they are the typical compilation and
> installaction instructions (./configure, make, make install), which I
> already knew.
> 	After downloading "GCC 2.95.2, gzip format, 1.6Meg" below "C++
> distribution and updates to C++ distribution" in
> "gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/index.html", I untar it and get a
> "gcc-2.95.2" directory. My problem is that under that directory there
> isn't a "configure" file, so this package doesn't follow the common
> installation way.
> There are three other directories, "gcc", "libio" and
> "libstdc++". I look for "configure" with a file searcher without
> success.
> 	What am I doing wrong?. Many thanks.
>
> > Keep in mind that the instructions are the same, whichever gcc source
> >   tarball you use; only the result differs. And you always get the C
> >   frontend.

I was wrong here, and I appologize. According to
  http://gcc.gnu.org/install/download.html (which you should read in
  case I have made another mistake) , you need either

(a) The full source tarball gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz
or
(b) The core source tarball gcc-core-2.95.2.tar.gz *and*
    gcc-g++-2.95.2.tar.gz

Which means you need to to get gcc-core as well.

[snip]