This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How does GCC look for includes?
- To: ivan_m_r at email dot com
- Subject: Re: How does GCC look for includes?
- From: <llewelly at dbritsch dot dsl dot xmission dot com>
- Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 12:58:14 -0600 (MDT)
- Cc: GCC mailing list <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Sun, 7 May 2000, Ivan Martinez wrote:
> Hello all. Could you tell me how GCC looks for default include files?.
> Does it always look in "/usr/include" or the directories are specified
> in any configuration file?. When it looks in a directory, it doesn't
> necessarily looks in its subdirectories, does it?. Many thanks.
If you add '-v' to your command line, gcc will display the directories
searched for include files, in the order they are searched in.
For flags that affect where gcc searches for include files, see