Re: download C compiler

On Thu, 4 May 2000 FeliceGata@aol.com wrote:

This list is primarily for developers of gcc. Questions like this should
  go to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org .

This question is best answered at:
  http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

Also, please check the FAQ at: http://gcc.gnu.org/fom_serv/cache/1.html

> Good Morning,
>
> I am a student studing computer programing. I have just started an
> intorductory C Programming class. My professor stated that I could download a
> c compiler from your web site, which would enable me to do the class
> programming assignments at home.
>
> However, I am just begining and am confused by your language. I don't know
> which download to use. Can you please help with advise.

gcc.gnu.org does not distribute the compiler as a ready-to-execute
  binary. gcc.gnu.org distributes the compiler in source
  code form, which requires that you already have a compiler for your
  system.

Which precompiled compiler you need, and where you can get it depends on
  your platform (operating system + hardware arch).

[snip]