modify gcc's include list

I have a departmental server on which there is
/usr/local/... and stable tools.

On my workstation I build newer tools which are in
/usr/local1/.... I usually build with
"../configure --prefix=/usr/local1".

It appears that when I build gcc-2.95.1 I should have
used
"../configure --prefix=/usr/local1
              --with-local-prefix=/usr/local1"

After several months of using this gcc today I found
out [server down] that gcc looks in /usr/local/include
instead of /usr/local1/include.

Is there a way to modify gcc to fix this without
building it again? I build from CD with a temp build
dir which I no longer have.

Thanks.

-Robert Lopez