About GCC and the -R option (a linker option I believe)

Hello,

Has anyone used the -R option with gcc?

I have been reading the gcc manual entitled "Using and Porting the GNU
Compiler Collection" but cannot find any documentation about the -R option
used to include shared library directory paths in an executable.  I've
used this option with gcc on my Solaris 2.7 machine and it works but it is
not recognized by gcc on my HPUX10-20 machine. That's why I decided to
actually look it up the gcc manual.

Patrick O. Cesard
Senior Systems Engineer
Ph: (703)676-7703