Re: line size on C sources files

> > What about me wanting to expand macros before using esqlc (to use some
> > macros in EXEC SQL sections) ? I don't control the size of my
> > auto-generated C-SQL code. The question is : is this C-SQL code valid ?
> > You and I think it is. The answer of the support is "put backslashes".
>
> 	Hmm, well, what is true for C may or may not be exactly true for
> SQL.  It may be that SQL has some silly limit on the number of characters
> a SQL command can be on a single line.  If that is the case, then I see
> little to do about it but to just use the backslashes.

That is not a sufficient reason to trunc my C lines. I don't mind about
the sql ones (in which TAILLE_TAMPON becomes 25) but about C lines in
which errno becomes longer stuff, or CELL_VALUE(x,y) which expands to
lines that break the 255 limit.

If the C code is correct, the esqlc is broken, and the solution of the
support is not a solution.

--
Philippe Biondi
Systems administrator