Re.Scheduler

hai,

Why does the gcc instruction scheduler does the scheduling from
bottom to top (considering single basic block it schdules from
tail to head). Is there any specific reason to it.

My argument is when we calculate all the dependencies
we can find the insns independent at a particular instant
and schedule them.

Even some of the papers i looked do list-scheduling from top
to bottom.

One reference:
Instruction scheduling for IBM RISC System/6000 processor
IBM Research journal 1900

sincierly,
phani.