Re: compliation error after installing gcc-2.95.2

On Mar  3, 2000, "Alan Z. Liu" <liuzr@uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Yes, that's all the error message.  Here is again an exact copy of the error I got with a test program:

> /usr/include/sys/time.h:337: `extern' can only be specified for objects and functions

This line was missing in the previous post.

> Actually if I don't have the #include <stdlib.h>, some programs will
> compile fine.  Then some programs that use function "atof" will
> complain.

> Looks like some incompatibility between g++'s stdlib.h and the
> system's 'time.h'?

Could be, if g++ had its own stdlib.h :-)

All it has is a fixed version of HP-UX's stdlib.h.  Could it be that
something went wrong while fixinc was running, during the build
process?  Could you please post the preprocessed version of your code
snippet, for us to try to figure out what's going wrong with it?
See http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html

--
Alexandre Oliva     http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/     Enjoy Guaranį
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com