Problem with crypt function

Hello all,

I need to call crypt(char*key, char*salt) function in my program, but
the compiler tells: "undefined reference to crypt". I have checked the
unistd.h file, the prototype of crypt is do defined in it, and man(ual)
also has an clear entry for the function. I have tried two different
unix compiler, the problem is just the same.

Thanks for in advance for all the help and answers!