Re: sun solaris 2.6 - gnu programs do not run

> > > We have another solaris machine with 2.6 and with identicl libc.so.1
> > > where the same programs work.

I had a problem like this once.  The makefile had been sent to me through
Lotus Notes.  It seems lotus replaces tabs with spaces, and Solaris make
minds very much if you do that.  You can imagine how crazy that drove us.
If you have the original tarball that you know works, try copying that to
the machine with the problem.