Re: GCC C compiler under Windows NT

In article <82gpfu$j9b$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,  <jadu@my-deja.com> wrote:
>Hi!
>
>  I am looking for GCC C compiler for Windows NT
>4.0, Where can I download, and how to install ??
>I would appreciate personal Mail.

Usual blurb that has appeared many times here before ...

See http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ for 3 different
gcc-2.95.2 ports to various win32 targets.

  - Cygwin -- Uses Cygnus' POSIX API (Unix'y)
    http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/
  - Mingw -- Use Microsoft runtime, no POSIX (native Win32)
  - UWIN -- Uses AT&T UWIN POSIX API (Unix'y)
    http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/

There is short synopsis of these terms (Cygwin, Mingw, UWIN) on my
web site to help you decide.

For either Cygwin or UWIN, you need install the base system from
respective sites. For Mingw, all you need are the compiler tools
from my site (self extracting package).

All distributions come with C, C++, F77, ObjC compilers and runtime
headers/libraries. Cygwin and UWIN also come with GNU Java compiler.

See http://gcc.gnu.org/ for information on GCC compilers.

For DOS target, see http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/.

Regards,
Mumit