Re: Stack frame size

In article <384041CD.41C67EA6@cim.mcgill.ca>,
  "Chin-Pun Teng," <chinpunt@cim.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to compute a matrix with size 3000x3000. However, it seems that
> the C compiler cannot handle it. I got the following message:
>
> Stack frame size (82000048) larger than system limit (67108864)
>
> Can anybody help me with this ?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Teng

I think it is not the problem with C compiler, you have the system limit
which you can check with getrlimit() function call, try 'man getrlimit'
to find out more.
And also, I am quite sure there is an algorithm
(which I can't remember the name now) than can compute matrix
multiplication by dividing the matrix in several sections. With this
algorithm, I think you can save your memory space.

hope this help.
hwidjaja

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.