Can't link iostream library

For the life of me I can not link with the iostream library
on best.  I am sure that it is my ignorance but I can not find
the solution in the documentation or any of the FAQs

Even if I make a simple program like

#include<iostream.h>

void main()
{
    cout << "Hello World\n";
}

When I compile, I get unresolved externals for the cout and <<

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

--
Virtually,

Tim Beauchamp