NFS mounted gcc on multiple OS versions

Hi all,

    I would appreciate any input on the following dilemma:

I have gcc installed under /usr/local on Solaris 2.5.1. and /usr/local
is exported to several other machines running 2.5.1, 2.6 and 2.7 (tho
not currently used). I am  in the process of upgrading our source
management software from PVCS 5.3 to PVCS 6.5. PVCS 6.5 does not run on
Solaris 2.5.1.

I am getting a large amount of 'parse error' messages when I try
building from a Solaris 2.7 system. I have determined that this problem
is due to the fact that gcc creates "fixed" versions of system include
files to resolve ANSI-C issues.

I would like to be able to just create the "fixed" include files for 2.6
and 2.7 and let gcc know about them, but I am not sure if it is possible
for gcc to deal with these files for multiple versions of the OS.

I can't install gcc into another location easily because all the
makefiles point to /usr/local/gcc/bin and we have a large codebase.

Anyone have a solution or any experience good, bad or indifferent
related to this scenario?

Thanks,

Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/