Help with Amiga cross-compiler

I'm trying to build a GCC cross-compiler (host: Cygwin32 - v20b1,
target==m68k-amigaos).
I've followed the directions and patched the Makefile (even if that doc
sounds rather old) but at some point it stops during a configure saying that
the C compiler can't generate binaries.
The file "config.log" reports that m68k-amigaos-ld can't find "-lamiga"
(yes, just like that). Actually, if I try to launch m68k-amiga-ld with the
command line "test.o -l amiga" it outputs the same message. Please note that
amiga.lib is a correct library file (m68k-amigaos-nm parses it without any
problem) and that, during testing, I also made sure it was reachable. If I
try to link it in along with other files (without the "-l" switch) it seems
to link smoothly.

I built binutils with the same options used for gcc
(-v --prefix=/gg --target=m68k-amigaos) and all went fine. I used sources
from the last Geek Gadgets snapshots (egcs 1.1.2, binutils. 2.91.xx).

Please help.

Thanks

Marco Ridoni
m.ridoni@cicero.it