mingw: dll export by ordinal

Does anyone know if it is possible with the currently available tools
for Mingw/egcs to force symbols to be exported at specific ordinals?
My current makefiles are using the old method of repeatedly calling
dlltool to build relocatable dll's, but alas, the functions in the
dll are not exported in the order listed in the DEF file.  I've just
downloaded the dllhelpers package from Mumit Khan, but haven't had a
chance to look through it yet.

--
Andy Key
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Byte/7125/