This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/25986] return from funcrtion of void value allowed
- From: "gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 27 Jan 2006 02:43:30 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/25986] return from funcrtion of void value allowed
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #7 from gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu 2006-01-27 02:43 -------
Subject: Re: return from funcrtion of void value allowed
"yuri at tsoft dot com" <email@example.com> writes:
| For templates it's sufficient to treat void as type in template
| No need to further change language.
G++ implements the language as defined by the ISO committee. This is
not a GNU C++ extension.
| Especially because generic programming doesn't really scale much beyond it's
| 'local' use like in STL.
you're entitled to your opinion.
Let's close this PR as we do not have place for trolls.