This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libstdc++/24975] Aliasing problems inside libstdc++
- From: "pcarlini at suse dot de" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 22 Nov 2005 16:59:06 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libstdc++/24975] Aliasing problems inside libstdc++
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #19 from pcarlini at suse dot de 2005-11-22 16:59 -------
(In reply to comment #18)
> Well, yes. That would at least silence the warning (which would be annoying,
> if we apply the C++ warning patch).
It would be more than annoying, it would be awful, because would be also
emitted to end users of the library, not only at library build time.
So... As I see the issue, either we come up with an actual miscompilation
caused by the punning, or we have to apply the hack, for this library ABI. I'll
try to think a bit more about the issue, then, in a few days we should make a