This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug middle-end/24947] -Os should maximize inlining --param values.
- From: "msharov at hotmail dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 21 Nov 2005 15:34:59 -0000
- Subject: [Bug middle-end/24947] -Os should maximize inlining --param values.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #5 from msharov at hotmail dot com 2005-11-21 15:34 -------
I would disagree. If the compiler ends up creating a function call where I
expect a simple movl, that _is_ something I want to hear about as a warning. I
have some code that uses inlines in really tight loops and having such a thing
happen without any sign of what is going wrong would be a very bad thing
indeed. At least now I know which --param to increase.