This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug middle-end/24969] tmpdir-gcc.dg-struct-layout-1/t026 fails execution
- From: "matz at suse dot de" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 21 Nov 2005 14:25:46 -0000
- Subject: [Bug middle-end/24969] tmpdir-gcc.dg-struct-layout-1/t026 fails execution
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #6 from matz at suse dot de 2005-11-21 14:25 -------
Something is fishy. Iff registers are used for passing then it would have to
be %rdi and %rsi (not %rax)! So the high part of this struct (where the
bitfield lies) is not passed at all here. Per ABI this whole struct
should be passed in registers (it's not larger than two eightbytes, and
both eightbytes have class INTEGER (they contain no unaligned fields or
other fancy stuff)).