This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/21764] visibility attributes on namespace scope
- From: "jason at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 17 Nov 2005 22:55:04 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/21764] visibility attributes on namespace scope
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #6 from jason at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-11-17 22:55 -------
Why do the examples want to have a namespace (or class) with default visibility
nested within one with hidden visibility? The other way around makes sense,
but this seems nonsensical. It seems to me that nested scopes ought to have
less or equal visibility to their enclosing scope.