This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libfortran/24902] COMPLEX_ASSIGN is wrong
- From: "pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 16 Nov 2005 19:50:38 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libfortran/24902] COMPLEX_ASSIGN is wrong
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #3 from pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-11-16 19:50 -------
Subject: Re: COMPLEX_ASSIGN is wrong
> yields an lvalue. do whatever you want in the *middle end*, but be
> sure you don't transmute that basic semantics constraint.
Gaby, it also prevents a huge amount of optimizations so what is
the difference from saying it is wrong?
The issue comes down to what does
__imag__ a = b; really means.
And since this is an extension it could mean anything.
Gaby if you want to prevent optimizations from happening, fine with
me. Just don't prevent the optimization from happening with fixed
Gaby, remember this is an extension and not a standard thing so take
everything for granted.