This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libstdc++/24882] New: [meta-bug] Non-refcounted, moveable basic_string
- From: "pcarlini at suse dot de" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 15 Nov 2005 20:59:56 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libstdc++/24882] New: [meta-bug] Non-refcounted, moveable basic_string
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
This meta-bug tracks work on a new, ABI-breaking, basic_string implementation.
Currently, we have refactored code in v7-branch which includes two alternative
base classes: one doesn't use reference counting, is optimized for short
strings and includes (simulated) move constructor and assignment operator (is
rather similar to Design D in Effective STL.
A few recent threads about this topic:
- Alternative tradeoffs:
- Special mini-string for <stdexcept>:
Summary: [meta-bug] Non-refcounted, moveable basic_string
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: pcarlini at suse dot de