This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug fortran/24878] New: subroutine getting called illegally as a function
- From: "uttamp at us dot ibm dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 15 Nov 2005 19:11:21 -0000
- Subject: [Bug fortran/24878] New: subroutine getting called illegally as a function
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
This test is taken from, http://ftp.cac.psu.edu/pub/ger/fortran/test/test10.for
$ cat test.f90
INTEGER X, Y, SUBA
WRITE(*,*)'Did NOT catch this error'
INTEGER Y,X, FNC
!---FNC is not a Function subprogram so calling it
! as a function is an error.
$ gfrotran test.f90
Did NOT catch this error
To resume execution, type go. Other input will terminate the job.
In this test case, a subroutine SUBA is getting called as a function which
should have been caught at runtime.
Summary: subroutine getting called illegally as a function
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: uttamp at us dot ibm dot com
GCC build triplet: powerpc64-linux
GCC host triplet: powerpc64-linux
GCC target triplet: powerpc64-linux