This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug other/24757] New: __sync_fetch_and_add on ia64
- From: "pcarlini at suse dot de" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 9 Nov 2005 16:45:20 -0000
- Subject: [Bug other/24757] New: __sync_fetch_and_add on ia64
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
Since end of May, quite a few libstdc++-v3 testcases, stressing atomicity.h
are failing on multi-processor ia64 machines. See, for instance, in:
FAIL: 22_locale/locale/cons/12658_thread-1.cc execution test
FAIL: 22_locale/locale/cons/12658_thread-2.cc execution test
Those tests *never* fail in 4_0-branch, which doesn't use the builtins, and
never did in mainline before the below of mine (and a simultaneous one to
the compiler, which emptied ia64intrin.h)
2005-05-25 Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/cpu/ia64/atomicity.h: Do not include ia64intrin.h.
My analysis is that __sync_fetch_and_add is somehow misbehaving on ia64.
I will try to investigate further the actual assembly, but I don't make
Summary: __sync_fetch_and_add on ia64
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: pcarlini at suse dot de