This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Could you help me out?
- To: Ken Tan <ken at pythonvideo dot com>
- Subject: Re: Could you help me out?
- From: Casper Dik <casper at holland dot sun dot com>
- Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:02:21 +0200
- cc: "'gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>
>Source code is follwed as below named (e.g. test.cc)
>Compiling command `gcc test.cc` or `g++ test.cc`
>The core is dumped when a.out is running "sum += *(unsigned int*)(ptr + i) ;"
>The runing on Linux/X86 is OK.
Solaris/SPARC (and many other sytems) enforce strict alignment rules.
You're derefencing an int * that is not on a 4 byte boundary.