This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g77 - mips-sgi-irix6.2 - Internal compiler error in function copy _to_mode_reg
- To: craig at jcb-sc dot com
- Subject: Re: g77 - mips-sgi-irix6.2 - Internal compiler error in function copy _to_mode_reg
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at hurl dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:33:12 -0700
- cc: David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com dot au, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <19990218102607.30860.qmail@deer>you write:
> If `-mabi=64' changes type sizes,
> though, I think that might explain why
> g77 is especially prone to bugs in this area. Its system for handling
> types is especially brittle, partly due to its use of libf2c
> and the related configuration bits, but mostly due to its
> internals, which are long-due for a rewrite.
Actually, it looked like the right thing was done for LEN, which is the one
I expected to get messed up.
> One way to test this hypothesis, if it's possible, is to build
> the compiler *configured* so it defaults to `-mabi=64'.
I'm not aware of any such option, but for testing purposes one could take a
hammer to mips.c.
But I don't see how this plays into libf2c -- this is strictly on the compiler