This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Error with vtable thunks in EGCS under Linux
- To: hjl at lucon dot org, hoffman at albirio dot crd dot ge dot com
- Subject: Re: Error with vtable thunks in EGCS under Linux
- From: mrs at wrs dot com (Mike Stump)
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:24:27 -0800
- Cc: egcs-bugs at egcs dot cygnus dot com, hjl at gnu dot org, iue-help at aai dot com, leei at ai dot sri dot com
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org (H.J. Lu)
> To: email@example.com (William A. Hoffman)
> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:14:15 -0800 (PST)
> if (flag_vtable_thunks)
> /* We don't have dynamic thunks yet!
> So for now, just fail silently. */
> We chose to generate bad code instead of abort (). I don't
> agree with it. But .......
While we could do this, g++ would then cease being a C++ compiler,
what it would become is a tool for creating core files.