This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: annoying warning generated
- To: karsten at phy dot hw dot ac dot uk (Karsten Ballueder), egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: annoying warning generated
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 31 Aug 1998 12:48:36 -0700
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> Karsten Ballueder <email@example.com> writes:
> Compiling with "-Wall" now produces endless lists of compiler warnings
> about the private destructor. That's probably a good idea for most
> cases, but there seems to be no possibility to switch this warning off
> - that's the "bug" I was mentioning.
> IMHO there really should be an option to disable this warning.
Actually, I'm not sure it does make sense for most cases; in cases where it
might be useful, any attempted use of the class would fail, which seems
like an adequate diagnostic. So feel free to remove it and send a patch to
egcs-patches. Just search for the warning text with grep.