This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: System loader problem?
- To: Ovidiu Toader <ovi at physics dot utoronto dot ca>
- Subject: Re: System loader problem?
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 00:50:11 -0400
- Cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
>>>>> Ovidiu Toader writes:
Ovidiu> There seems to be a problem with dynamically linked executables created
Ovidiu> by egcs on an AIX.4.1.5 (egcs was built with --enable-shared). The
Ovidiu> problem remains even when g++ is configured with --with-gnu-ld instead
Ovidiu> of the native ld. Apparently the system loader does not understand the .
Ovidiu> (dot) special file from the loader section of the libstdc++.a library
Ovidiu> (shared library). Any idea about how this problem can be solved?
First, GNU ld should not be used with AIX 4 -- it definitely will
not improve things.
G++ shared library support for AIX in EGCS relies on a feature
introduced in AIX 4.2. Shared library support will not function with