This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-19980824 AIX 4.3 build problem with 64-bit libraries
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: egcs-19980824 AIX 4.3 build problem with 64-bit libraries
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:42:29 -0400
- Cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
>>>>> Jeffrey A Law writes:
Jeff> I think it has to go into the toplevel config directory. You create
Jeff> mh-aix43, then tweak configure.in. Note the toplevel directory is
Jeff> not autoconf'd, so you need not run autoconf after tweaking configure.in.
I created config/mh-aix43 with the appropriate "ar" incantation in
AR_FOR_TARGET and updated the host part of configure.in to use it --
equivalent to x-aix43 in GCC. I think this is the appropriate Makefile
variable if I understand how that is being passed on to sub-Makes.