This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: possible regression
- To: ian at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: possible regression
- From: Amakawa Shuhei <amakawa at sf dot t dot u-tokyo dot ac dot jp>
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 10:48:33 +0900
- CC: law at cygnus dot com, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
> If you think the binutils have a problem, then I think you, or
> somebody, will need to resolve that into a case which involves only
> the binutils, and does not involve various ways of building egcs.
I had a impression that binutils (ld) had some problem when
built using egcs-1.0.3. Now I think the GNU linker exposed a bug in
I tried the following.
(0) No binutils for egcs-snapshot installed.
(1) Install egcs-19980824 without --with-gnu-as and --with-gnu-ld.
(2) Build binutils using the egcs-19980824 just installed.
`make check' fails (ld's cdtest).
`make install' anyway.
(3) Reinstall egcs-19980824 with --with-gnu-as and --with-gnu-ld.
(4) Build binutils using the egcs-19980824 just installed.
`make check' succeeds.
So, it seems that egcs should be used with the GNU assmebler and the
GNU linker, and that binutils should be built using the egcs.
Now egcs-snapshot and binutils work fine, and I can benefit from
binutils (I use C++ with templates).