This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH to warn on use of typename outside of templates
- To: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, mark at markmitchell dot com
- Subject: Re: PATCH to warn on use of typename outside of templates
- From: mrs at wrs dot com (Mike Stump)
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 13:49:24 -0700
- Cc: jason at cygnus dot com
Sometimes people complain that g++ is too permissive. If you buy into
that then this should be just an error, if this code is reliable.
> Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:08:51 -0700
> From: Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> It's not legal to use `typename X::Y' outside of a template; this
> patch causes a warning on such code.
> ! if (!processing_template_decl)
> ! cp_pedwarn ("using `typename' outside of template"); }